- Approval of Disabled War Veterans (India) as a Recognised Association by Ministry of Defence.
- Issue of Special Identity Cards for Disabled War Veterans / Battle Casualties.
- Assistance to Disabled War Veterans / Battle Casualties and dependents in receiving their rightful dues in terms of Pensionary and allied benefits.
- Removal of cap of 100% of reckonable emoluments on War Injury Pension, entitling pension up to 150% of last drawn pay (for 100% disability).
- Exemption of ECHS enrolment fee for Disabled War Veterans / Battle Casualties.
- Separate ECHS White Cards for the Disabled War Veterans and their spouses for priority in medical treatment in ECHS Polyclinic.
- Priority treatment for Disabled War Veterans / Battle Casualties and their Spouses in Military Hospitals.
- Scholarships scheme for education of the War Veterans has been modified and revised. Railway Concession by online booking through IRCTC website.
- Railway Concessions/ discounts to Disabled War Veterans / Battle Casualties for travel as listed in IRCTC website, including Shatabdi, Rajdhani and other Super-fast trains.
- Higher percentage of Air Travel Concession accorded by Air India
- Rebate on Telephone Rental.
- Special counter for Disabled in CSD Canteens.
- Broad Banding for invalided out Disabled War Veterans / Battle Casualties with effect from 1-1-96.
- Consultative Status as a member of Standing Committee of Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare (DoPPW). (Received office equipment and grant from DoPPW ).
- Permanent invitee to consultative meetings of Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare.
- Presentation of issues concerning Disabled Veterans before 7th Central Pay Commiission.
- Annexure’s sought from time to time from the war Disabled when issuing circulars on revisions of pensions discontinued.
- Modification of cars etc for disabled/ orders for acceptance for changes in Motor Vehicles Act/Issue of Licences to Disabled accepted.
- Empanelment of 54 Prosthetic Centres by MoD with ECHS of Endolite and Ottobock.
MATTERS CURRENTLY BEING PURSUED
1. Inclusion of War injury element in the pension of widows of deceased Disabled War Veterans / Battle Casualties invalided out of service.
2. OROP anomalies adversely impacting Disabled War Veterans.
3. Representation on residual disability issues before the 7CPC Implementation Committee.
4. AFT Cases on –
a. Service element for max service of rank for invalided out Disabled War Veterans and
b. Disability Element on percentage basis w.e.f. 1.1.96 for all disabled ex-servicemen.